This winter has been rough, and as much as we try to dress up our skinny jeans with the season’s latest riding boots, faux fur vests and blanket scarves, its time to get out there and soak up the sun!
1. GO TO THE BEACH! A classic summer vacation destination is the beach, lets be honest, I still love boogie boarding, building sand castles and even laying in the warm sand and reading Teen Vogue. If you don’t live near a beach and cannot afford to travel to one, lakes and manmade beaches are still tons of fun!
2. GO TO A SUMMER CONCERT! With Coachella recently taking place, it has me dying to pull out my inner Vanessa Hudgens (the queen of Coachella) and dance the night away. This summer going to a concert is at the top of my to do list.
3. HAVE A PARTY! You don’t even have to have a pool to have a rocking summer bash. I personally love making mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails) such as pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Add some chips, salsa and some guacamole and you have yourself the perfect party snacks. For desserts, you are never too old for a make your own sundae table. 🙂
4. START A VEGETABLE GARDEN! Veggies taste even better when they are fresh from your garden and you will also feel accomplished for having been successful. Try it out this summer!
5. DANCE IN THE RAIN, CLIMB A TREE, HAVE FUN! The main thing to do this summer is to have fun, let go, and enjoy it while it lasts. So let loose and embrace your wild side this summer!